- User interface
permet de synchroniser du contenu entre instance de Drupal : taxo, menu, bloc
Covered by Drupal's security advisory policy
Release type : Bug fixes
Some websites might contain elements that are considered content by the Drupal CMS while they might not only be used as content. For example custom blocks might be used for a footer that is shared between all environments. Structure sync tries to give you a tool to get around this issue by allowing you to synchronize taxonomy terms, menu links and custom blocks through the configuration.
The module will prevent you from having to create content multiple times and also decrease the risk of some elements being out of sync between environments, the main menu for example. It will also synchronize the UUIDs for these items to prevent you from having to change references to this in other configuration files. Finally, you have the ability to do a partial export or import so some of these elements can still be considered environment-specific content.
Structure sync provides Drush commands and admin interface screens for synchronizing content that could also be considered configuration. Including menu items, custom blocks and taxonomy terms.
The available Drush commands are:
- export-taxonomies (et) - Export taxonomy terms to configuration
- import-taxonomies (it) - Import taxonomy terms from configuration
- export-blocks (eb) - Export custom blocks to configuration
- import-blocks (ib) - Import custom blocks from configuration
- export-menus (em) - Export menu links to configuration
- import-menus (im) - Import menu links from configuration
- export-all (ea) - Export taxonomy terms, custom blocks and menu links to configuration
- import-all (ia) - Import taxonomy terms, custom blocks and menu links from configuration
The access to the admin screens is restricted with the permission to 'administer site configuration'.
Documentation contributed by willthemoor
Function to import blocks safely (only adding what isn't already there).
- Imports all custom blocks in config unless they already exist the current instance.
- Note: If a block was updated and exported to config in a different environment and that block already exists locally, you will not get the updated block content/config.
Function to fully import the custom blocks.
Basically a safe import with update actions for already existing custom blocks.
- Deletes any custom blocks not in config.
- Imports all custom blocks in config.
Function to import (create) all custom blocks that need to be imported.
- Deletes all custom blocks in the system (no checking first).
- Creates N new custom blocks based on the config.
Toutes les informations proviennent du site drupal.org