- User interface
- Open Graph
- Twitter Cards
- Dublin Core
- Other tags
- Context integration
- Panels integration
- Views integration
- Features integration
- Importing/migrating data
- Integration with other module
Next Major version
Fully compatible with D10.
permet l'ajout de balise meta
Covered by Drupal's security advisory policy
Release type : Bug fixes
The Metatag module allows you to automatically provide structured metadata, aka "meta tags", about a website. In the context of search engine optimization, when people refer to meta tags they are usually referring to the meta description tag and the meta keywords tag that may help improve the rankings and display of a site in search engine results. In addition, the module provides support for meta tags (Open Graph Protocol from Facebook, Twitter Cards from Twitter) that allow control of how content appears when shared on social networks.
This project is the offical successor of the Nodewords module.
- Supports a large number of commonly used meta tags, including the page title, canonical URL, description, etc, and for Facebook's Open Graph, Twitter Cards and Dublin Core via included submodules (see full list).
- Global settings to control meta tags on all pages.
- Per entity and per entity bundle to control default meta tags for all items of a certain type, e.g. all nodes of a certain content type.
- Ability to override meta tags on each entity object, e.g. to override meta tags on an individual node.
- Multi-lingual support using the Entity Translation module and translation support using the Internationalization (i18n) module.
- Full support for entity revisions and workflows based upon revision editing, including compatibility with the Revisioning and Workbench Moderation modules.
- D7: Customize meta tags for specific paths (or other conditions) using Context and included Metatag:Context submodule.
- D7: Customize meta tags for custom pages built using Panels and Views using included submodules.
- D7: Individual permissions for each meta tag can be enabled (see README.txt).
- D7: Meta tags can be optionally added to admin pages.
- Exportable default meta tag configuration.
- Extendable and flexible API for define new meta tags.
- D7: Support for Devel Generate (sub-module).
Version 2 vs version 1
Metatag 2.0.x for Drupal 9+ and 7.x-2.x for Drupal 7 include a number of API changes. New features will be added to v2, only bug fixes and security fixes will be added to v1.
Version 1 EOL
The planned EOL for Metatag v1 is December 31st, 2023. Please open bug reports for any problems identified while upgrading to v2.
- Full documentation is available: Metatag for Drupal 7, Metatag for Drupal 9
- Video tutorial explaining improvements in v1.5 and providing a suggested setup process.
- Drupal core release blockers for Metatag
- A blog post from markconroy on how to use tokens to use core's Media fields with Metatag.
Alternatives and similar modules
- Metatags Quick - Uses the Field API to store its meta tag data. Metatag on D7 does not use the Field API for reasons of flexibility and usability. On D9 Metatag does use Field API so the Metatags Quick maintainers will hopefully be helping on Metatag's D9 port.
- Page title - Functionality was merged into Metatag.
- Open Graph meta tags - Functionality was merged into Metatag.
- Refresh - Functionality was merged into Metatag.
- EasyMeta - Very limited functionality compared to Metatag.
- Metatag iTunes - Functionality was merged into Metatag.
The code has been made available on two other repository services for people who have specific technical needs:
- Github: https://github.com/DamienMcKenna/metatag
- Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/DamienMcKenna/metatag
These repositories are considered write-only, pull requests to those repositories will be recreated on d.o. and pushed back out once the changes are reviewed & approved.
Toutes les informations proviennent du site drupal.org